Saturday, January 3, 2009

Okay, so in my ideal world there's a web page where my scripture-study activities live. I have a collection of windows and links that permit me to preserve the context of my study, mark scriptures, make notes and write about my insights and track the various curricula of the church. Today, in our family scripture study I discovered that you can "mark" the scriptures and it will preserve them, up to 75 instances. In my imaginary website I would have a window that carries that function for the entire year's worth of reading.

I wonder what the components would look like...

Journal/scripture observations
Publications
Links
Scriptures
Church Magazines
Other church curriculum materials
Curriculum schedule and tracking device

The box that contains the scripture and other reading materials would have the option to be lined up side-by-side with the journal/scripture observations box. Then, I could read and write alternately with a page that presents both of those options and preserves my work to return to it and pick up right where I left off the last time I was there.

For now, I think I have some work to do to explore more carefully the websites that are available with similar features and see what I can find. To start with I will search the church's website and see how much is there that suits my purposes.



No comments:

Post a Comment